After a car accident, most people assume that they're fine unless they experience an intense injury. However, certain conditions take several days or weeks to cause noticeable symptoms. That's why it's vital to see a professional after an auto accident for a proper assessment. At the BAC Clinic of Chiropractic and Spine Rehabilitation in Sioux City, our team can provide the testing and natural treatment methods you need to recover from an auto accident and prevent potential health issues later in life.
Common Auto Accident Injuries
During an accident, your body undergoes tremendous pressure that may result in numerous injuries, including:
- Whiplash: It's one of the most common injuries. It occurs when the head jerks back and forth rapidly, extending the neck's ligaments, tendons, and muscles beyond their range of motion. The classic symptoms of whiplash include headaches, neck pain, and stiffness.
- Sciatica: If your back structures are injured, they may compress or irritate the sciatic nerve, leading to pain that radiates from your lower back to the leg through the buttocks.
- Herniated discs: Impact from an accident may cause the vertebrae discs to move out of place, compressing a nerve. As a result, you may experience pain, tingling, and numbness.
- Headaches: Concussions occur when the head jolts or jerks back and forth, affecting brain function.
- Shoulder pain: Injury to the shoulder's joints, muscles, and bones may result in stiffness and pain.
These are just some of the many potential issues you may be suffering from post-accident. If you have suffered an auto accident injury in Sioux City, IA, don't let pain or discomfort control your life. Instead, book an appointment with Dr. Brad Chicoine for fast and effective relief.
Benefits of Visiting Our Chiropractor
You may not be in any pain or have visible injuries after an auto accident, but you are not out of the hook yet. Some auto injuries like whiplash may take days and even weeks to manifest symptoms. However, when you seek chiropractic care, we can spot hidden issues early, so we can address them before turning into serious problems. Other benefits of visiting our chiropractor after an auto accident include:
- Uses natural treatments to treat injuries — doesn't use medications and surgeries with side effects
- Treat the root cause of the injury — we don't mask symptoms with pain-relieving medications. Instead, we spot the origin of your pain and offer a treatment plan that provides long-lasting relief.
- Whole-body wellness — chiropractors look beyond your injury. Our therapies treat more than the injured part. We bring balance to your entire body, giving your body a refreshed feeling.
Visit Us for Auto Accident Injury Treatment in Sioux City, IA
Do you have an auto accident injury that is negatively impacting your life? There is hope. If you are in Sioux City or its environs, please book an appointment with the BAC Clinic of Chiropractic and Spine Rehabilitation for non-invasive care.